These days you guys will see that we just cannot do without internet as we all are kind of stuck to it. We tend to do almost everything online and for that we need an active and better internet connection. At times, you must have experienced that your home wifi or the one that you are connected with is not working good or is slower than usual, then you need to check your wifi signal strength. Here we are going to tell you that how you guys can check your wifi signal strength on Windows 10.
Here we are going to tell you three different ways through which you guys will be able to check the wifi signal strength on your Windows 10 –
Check Wifi Signal Strength using PowerShell in Windows 10
PowerShell is a special task automation and a proper management framework which can help you guys to easily check your WiFi signal strength without facing any kind of difficulty. Here are the few simple steps to check WiFi signal strength using PowerShell –
- Here first step is to either right click on the start menu icon or you can also press Windows + X from your keyboard.
- Now from the list, you will have to search for “Windows PowerShell” and then click on it. It will open a PowerShell window for you.
- Once the PowerShell window is open, you need to enter the below mentioned command there –
“Match ‘^\s+Signal’ -Replace ‘^\s+Signal\s+:\s+’,”
- After entering this command, you will be able to see the exact Wifi signal strength to which your computer is connected to.
Check WiFi Signal Strength using WiFi Analyzer in Windows 10
You can also use a third party app to quickly check your Wifi signal strength and one of the best in the store is WiFi Analyzer. This app comes with special user friendly interface which makes it quite easy and quick for the users to check the wifi signal strength. Here are the steps through which you can check your Wifi signal strength –
- Here first of all you will have download WiFi Analyzer from Microsoft Store on to your device.
- Once it is downloaded, install on to your device and start using. It comes with special user friendly interface so you are not going to face any kind of problem here.
- When you open the app, it will show you various Wifi networks that are available around you. You can search for your network and then check its signal strength easily.
Check WiFi Signal Strength using Command Prompt in Windows 10
For all those who do not wish to engage into any third party app or any other functions, they can simply check their Wifi signal strength using command prompt. Here are the steps to do that –
- Your first step will be to open the Start menu of your device. Once you open it, you will see a search bar. In that search bar, you need to type “Command”.
- After typing command there, it will show you different options and on the top you will see “Command Prompt”, click on that.
- Now from the menu that will appear, you will have to select “run as administrator” to move further in this process. It will open the command prompt window on your screen.
- Here in the Command Prompt window you need to type, “netsh wlan show interfaces” and this will show you complete details about your Wifi Signal.
By following these simple steps, you guys will be able to easily check your Wifi Signal Strength on Windows 10.