These days you must have seen that Google Docs has become one of the most used apps for all people, be it for official purpose or for any other. It has been seen that there are a lot of people who prefers Google Docs over Word Documents. Now you guys must have been wondering that how you can convert your Word Documents into Google Docs.
Well, it is quite easy to do that as Google Drive provides you with the option to convert all the files that you upload there into Google Docs. This way you can easily convert your files but the problem is when you have to do everything one by one. For this, we are here to solve your problem as we are going to tell you how to convert multiple Word Documents to Google Docs.
Steps to Convert Multiple Word Documents to Google Docs
Here are the few simple steps to do that –
- The first step is to open “Google Drive”. You can open in any web browser that you prefer and log in to your account.
- Now in Google Drive, you need to go to the “settings” which you will get by clicking on the cog icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- In the settings, you are required to find the “Convert Uploads” column which is right below the storage option. Here you need to enable “Convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format” and after this, tap on “Done” from the top-right corner of the window to save the changes.
- Once you have enabled this option, your next step is to upload new files to Google Drive. To do this, you need to go to the sidebar of Google Drive and from there click on “New”.
- When you click on New, many different options will occur and from there, you will have to select “File Upload” in order to upload all the word files that you wish to convert into Google Docs.
- Now you will see that all the files that you upload on Google Drive, will be automatically converted to Google Docs and you do not need to do anything else. This will convert all the files together so that you do not have to do them individually.
Now in case you do not wish to convert the files anymore, you can anytime change the settings as it is very simple to do that. Here is what you need to do –
- The first thing that you need to do is to access Google Drive from your web browser and login to your account.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to the settings from the cog icon and then scroll down to “Convert Uploads” column. From here, you are required to disable “convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format” and then click on “Done” to save the changes. This will no longer convert your files to Google Docs unless you do them manually.
One thing that all of you need to keep in mind that once you enable “convert uploaded files to Google Docs editor format”, all the files that you upload here will be converted automatically. However, it won’t convert those files which are already uploaded on to the drive before making these changes. If you wish to convert those files as well, then you are required to re-upload them and then they will be converted accordingly.