In the past few years, there has been a huge increase in smartphone companies. Among all other brands, there is this one brand called Poco which can gain huge popularity. One of its latest released smartphones is Poco M3 Pro. Even though it is quite a great smartphone that comes with amazing features, there are many users out there who want to root their device so that they will have complete control over their device. Now the question is how to do this? You need not worry about it because here in this article, we will tell you how to root Poco M3 Pro using Magisk in a few simple steps.
Steps to Root Poco M3 Pro Using Magisk
By rooting your device, you will have complete control over it and you will be able to customise it the way you like. Here are the few simple steps to root Poco M3 Pro using Magisk –
Unlock Bootloader on Poco M3 Pro
- In order to root your Poco M3 Pro, the first step is to unlock the bootloader on your device because without this, you won’t be able to root your device. Here are the steps to do that –
- Here the first step is to enable the “Developer Option” from the settings of your device. In the developer option, you will also see “OEM Unlock” and “USB Debugging” option. You need to enable both of them.
- Now after this, you are required to download the Mi Flash Tool on your device and then sign in to your Mi account in the Flash Tool.
- Once you are signed in, you need to boot your device in the Fastboot mode and then unlock it using the Mi Flashtool.
Install TWRP Recovery on Poco M3 Pro
- Now the next important step is to install TWRP Recovery on your Poco M3 Pro. You can do this by following below mentioned steps –
- You are required to download the Platform Zip from the link that we have provided you. Once it is downloaded, you will also have to download TWRP Recovery File on your device.
- Now after downloading, another step is to extract the Platform Zip file on yo your desktop and then copy the TWRP Recovery.img file to the platform folder and change its name to twrp.img.
- You need to make sure that you have enabled Developer Option and USB Debugging, before connecting your device to the PC.
- Now switch off your phone and then press volume down and power button together to boot your device in the fastboot mode.
- After this, you are required to type “CMD” in the address bar and then press “Enter”. Once the command window opens, connect your smartphone to your PC and enter “adb reboot bootloader” command.
- By entering this command, your smartphone will be booted in the bootloader mode. Once it is done, type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” and it will now reboot your device successfully.
- Root Poco M3 Pro Using Magisk – This is the most important step in the process and here is how you can do this –
- The first thing is to download the Magisk app on your phone from the link that we have provided and once downloaded, change its name to .zip.
- Now move this file to the internal storage of your device and make sure that you have installed TWRP beforehand.
- Now you have to boot your device by pressing both the power button and volume down button at the same time. Once the boot animation appears, tap on the Install from TWRP Recovery page.
- You are now required to select the Magisk.zip file from your device’s internal storage and now select “swipe to confirm flash”. Now reboot your phone and then install the “Magisk Manager apk” and you are all set!