In today’s time, social messaging apps have become one of the most common way to stay connected with our friends and loved ones. Now you must have come across the fact that you can send disappearing messages to anyone through such apps. Well this app is not there with most of the app but Signal which is a messaging app, released recently comes with this feature from the beginning only.
The main purpose of disappearing messages is to delete the history or any particular message that you don’t want anyone to keep with them for a longer period of time. Once you send the disappearing message, it will disappear from your and the receiver’s device after the time that you have set.
Here is how you can send disappearing messages in Signal on different devices –
How To Send Disappearing Messages On Signal- [Android]
- Here the first step is to open the chat of that contact whom you want to send the disappearing messages.
- Now after opening the chat, tap on the contact name to go to the chat settings menu.
- Here in the chat settings, you will be able to see “disappearing messages”. Tap on this and it will ask you to set the timer from 5 seconds to 1 week.
- Choose the time that you want for your disappearing message and then click on OK.
- Now a timer icon will appear on your chat and will automatically disappear your messages after the given time period.
How To Send Disappearing Messages On Signal- [iOS]
- Here also your first step will be to open your chat with that person to whom you want to send disappearing messages.
- Now here you need to tap the contact name or header so that you can open the chat settings.
- Here you will see the option of disappearing messages and you need to enable that. Once enabled you will notice that the background will turn blue.
- Now a slider will appear from which you can set the timer from 5 seconds to 1 week.
- And it’s done, a timer icon will appear on the top of your chat which will alert that you are sending disappearing message.
How To Send Disappearing Messages On Signal- [Desktop]
First thing that you should keep in mind that if you have already enable disappearing message feature for any chat through your other devices, it will appear on Signal desktop as well.
- First of all view the chat with your contact with whom you want to send the disappearing messages.
- Now tap on “more” to go to the settings of that particular chat. Here you will see the option of disappearing messages, now tap on that.
- You can set the timer as per your requirement or preference, from 5 seconds to 1 week.
- After setting the timer, you are all set! A timer icon will appear on the top of your chat which will indicate both the receiver and sender that the messages are disappearing messages.
Now if you want to disable this feature, you can again go to the settings of your chat and simply disable the disappearing messages option by tapping on it. Among all the features, this is one of the most useful features that the majority of people are loving. This gives the users, better control over their privacy as they can manage the messages on their own.