These days, you must have seen that we tend to use emails for a lot of different things and most importantly for work purposes. But with such a huge increase in cybercrimes, it gets quite difficult for us to send any confidential information or message through emails. Well here we are to solve that problem of yours. We are going to tell you guys that how you can send password protected email that too for free.
Password-Protected Email via ProtonMail
Many of you must have heard about ProtonMain as it is one of the best and secure email providers that uses end-to-end encryption with each email. Although if you wish to add an extra layer of security then you can send the password-protected email. Here is how you can do that –
- Here the first step is to sign up for ProtonMail which is completely free.
- Now after signing in, your next step is to compose an email. To do this, click on “Compose” button which is on the top-left corner of the screen. It will open up an email composing window, write your message there.
- Once you are done, you need to click on the lock icon which is on the bottom of the compose window.
- Now you can set up the password that you want for your email and the click on “Set” from the bottom right of the window.
- After setting password, your next step will be to fill up the expiration time. You can do this by clicking on the “hourglass” icon which is next to lock icon. Although the password protected email expires within 28 days but for those who want a shorter time period, they can easily pick a shorter time period from here.
- Now you are all set and you can easily send this email to whoever you want. The receiver will receive a notification that they have received a password protected email along with a link. Once they click on that link, they will be asked to enter the password and after entering correct password, they will be able to open the email.
Password-Protected Email via Tutanota
Tutanota is another amazing email provider which is absolutely secure and uses end-to-end encryption for all the emails sent through it. Now for all those who wish to send the password-protected email, here are the steps –
- Now here also, your first step will be to sign up for Tutanota for free.
- After signing in for Tutanota, your next step is to compose an email. To do this, click on “new email” icon which is on the top left corner of the screen.
- Now after composing the email, click on the lock icon which is there on the bottom of the screen. This will directly take you to the password window. From here you can set the password easily. You can either choose the previous password if you used any or you can also create a new one.
- Once you set up the password, your password-protected email is ready and you can send to the recipient. The recipient will receive a notification that they have received a confidential email and once they open it they will be asked for the password. They will be able to access it only after entering the correct password.
Now you can choose any one of the above mentioned to send the password-protected emails to anyone and stay away from all kind of cybercrimes.