Telegram for Desktop (Update 2021)
In recent years, it has been seen that there is a huge increase in social messaging apps as these are the kind of apps that helps us to stay connected with the outer world without having to meet them. One of the most famous app which has become quite prominent recently and the name is Telegram. Be it for official purposes or just to stay connected with your friends, Telegram is playing quite an important role these days.
Telegram is a cloud-based instant social messaging app which is having a huge user base in such a short span of time. The app is available for different platforms out there but there are a lot of people out there who have a query whether they can use Telegram on Desktop and how they can use it. You must have seen that many social messaging apps comes with a desktop version as it gets quite convenient for those who are using it for official purposes.
Download Telegram for Desktop
How to download Telegram on Laptop/PC- Mac/ Windows X64/ Linux/ Windows
Here in this article, we are going to tell you that how you can use Telegram for Desktop in a few simple steps –
- Before moving further in to download Telegram for Desktop, you need to make sure that you have downloaded Telegram on your mobile device and has an active account. In case you haven’t then you need to download it instantly and create your account because without this, you won’t be able to use Telegram for Desktop, it is must to have a mobile account for that.
- Now you need to download Telegram for your desktop and to do that, you need to head towards Telegram’s desktop website i.e. http://desktop.telegram.org.
- In the website, you will be able to see the Telegram Desktop Version, you need to choose that and click on the download button in order to download it on to your device, be it Windows/Mac.
- Once the app has been downloaded on to your desktop, you need to install it so that you can use the app. To install, open the app and follow the instructions that are being shown on the screen. You will see that there is a “Start Messaging” button on the screen.
- After clicking on “Start Messaging” button, you will see that a login page will appear. Here you will see two different options. One is to login using the QR code and another one is to log in to Telegram Desktop by using the phone number.
- If you wish to login using the QR code, you are required to open your mobile Telegram application. Here you will have to go to the Settings and from there click on “Devices” section. In the devices section, you will be able to see whether there are any other devices connected to it and you need to open the QR code scanner so that you can scan the one that is on your desktop and you are all set! It will open your mobile Telegram app on to the desktop one.
- Now for those who wish to login using their phone number, they can click on “log in using your mobile number.
- After this, select the country and complete the basic information that are asked for. Now just simply add your mobile number and it will send a code via SMS on your mobile device. Enter that code and you are all set!