Google Meet for Android
Google Meet is a video conferencing service from Google that allows users to chat face-to-face with other people. Previously it was only available for business customers, but the company has since made it free for anyone to use. Designed for both work and play, Google Meet is available on the web and Android and iOS devices so you can get great audio quality wherever you are.
Google Meet is primarily designed to facilitate video conferences. However, you can activate the camera and microphone independently to use them for audio-only calls. You can create an ad hoc call with anyone you like and skip the scheduling hassle. No need to coordinate time zones or keep track of meeting codes. Just give out your link, and people can join from any device.
How can I use Google Meet?
As you’d expect from a Google product, the app is sleek and intuitive, especially if your organization already uses Google apps and services.
- In order to use Google Meet, you must first create a Google Account. You can also access Google Meet through the Gmail browser app and dedicated mobile apps for Android and iOS devices. You can also schedule a meeting using the Google Calendar app.
- To start a meeting from Gmail, open Gmail in your web browser, then click “Start Meeting” in the sidebar. Once you’re in the meeting, you can invite more people by sharing the meeting code or by adding them by phone call or email address from the “Add People” section.
- Schedule a video conference with your team by creating an event, adding guests, and clicking “Add Google Meet Video Conference.”
Features of Google Meet APK
- It supports more than 30 languages including English, French, Spanish, German, Swedish and many more.
- The app also allows you to share files with other participants during a call through its Google Drive feature.
- Anyone can enjoy the perks of a top business conference. Be part of the new meeting culture and extend your free plan.
- You can attend as many meetings as you like and create as many meetings as you want. The hour limit is there to keep meetings short and productive, so you don’t miss out on the free meals and fun activities!
- Attend a live meeting with up to 250 participants. Mute attendees, add and control polls, seamlessly transition between presentation slides, and more. All the power of a real meeting room in your pocket.
- High quality audio for meetings, events, and calls. It’s fast, automatic, and simple. Meet is designed to connect you with friends, family or just yourself in a way that makes sense for you.
- You can share your screen with everyone in the meeting. It’s optional, which means you’re in control, and it comes with a couple of useful extras that make everything go more smoothly.
Google Meet is a very useful addition to the Android arsenal. It’s fast, it looks great, and it has just enough features to make it stand out against its competition. As G Suite continues to expand its reach across platforms and into consumer products, Meet joins Hangouts as a standalone app worth using — particularly if you’re interested in video calls.