With the new Google TV app, you can browse content from across your apps, intelligently organized just for you. You’ll see what’s new and trending, as well as recommendations based on what’s popular with other users with similar tastes. Plus, it’s easy to launch videos and music without having to leave the app.
Google TV for Android
The Google TV app, previously Play Movies & TV, makes it easy to find and enjoy the entertainment you love in one place. With the app, you can watch your favorite shows, movies and more on your TV — all from your Android device. The Google TV app is available for Chromecast, Android TV and other Smart TVs with a Cast-enabled app.
Google TV allows users to stream live TV, including premium content such as HBO and Showtime. It also allows users to view their media library from a computer or mobile device on their television. The goal is to bring together television and the internet, similar to what Apple did when it introduced the iPad.
Google TV APK- Main Features
Find what to watch next- Browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your streaming apps, all in one place and organized into topics and genres.
- Watch Something Next– Choose from 700,000+ movies and TV episodes and discover something new by browsing through topics, genres, and more. Discover new content across the services you already use. Find the shows, movies and music you love, and explore new titles on the apps you already have. Search for titles to see which streaming apps offer them.
- See the latest Releases- New movies and shows are available in the Shop tab. Purchases can be downloaded to watch when you’re not connected. Watch instantly on your laptop, phone or tablet, TV with Google TV or Play Movies & TV.
- One list for all your Discoveries- Add interesting shows and movies to your Watchlist to keep track of all the entertainment you discover. Your Watchlist is shared across all devices and browsers, so you can even add to your list from your TV or phone and then watch on your laptop through Search.
- Use your Phone as your Remote– With a remote built right into the app, you can search for something great to watch even when your couch has eaten your remote. And on your Android TV OS device, you can use your phone’s keyboard to quickly type complicated passwords, movie names or search terms.
- Some features and devices may not be available in all countries. Some are only available in select countries.
- Children using the Google TV Kids section must have either a Google account or profile managed with Family Link.
- Some features and availability may vary depending on your device manufacturer.
- Some apps and/or content may be limited by territory.
- A Google Account is required to access Google TV.
- Chromecast with Google TV requires an HDMI port, Wi-Fi network, Google account and electrical outlet. Minimum OS requirements are available at g.co/cast/req. To view content in 4K, a 4K-capable TV and reliable broadband internet connection are also required.
- To view personal photos, Google Photos is required.
- Some content requires a paid subscription.
- Game of Thrones streaming on HBO Max. A subscription to HBO Max is only available in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories.
- An American Pickle is streaming on HBO Max. A subscription is required.
- Westworld streaming on HBO via HBO Max. Subscription required.
So imagine this, the future of television is here, and it is an Android app. The future of TV is the Cloud and it’s one giant channel guide with customizable content for each user once again. I believe that Google has figured out how to make TV channels relevant again. With advanced search features and easy access to your favorite content and shows, Google TV is a welcome addition to the Android family and will hopefully be embraced by users all over the world!