Google Hangouts is a communication platform that allows users to send instant messages and make video calls. The Google Hangouts app is available for both iOS and Android devices. The Google Hangouts app is also bundled with the Google Plus app. So if you want to download the latest updates of Google Hangouts APK right now, then click on the given download link.
Hangouts is a video chat app you can use for free on Google that lets you connect with other users who have the app or add them to your contacts.
Why Use Google Hangouts App?
Google Hangouts APK is a terrific way to communicate with friends and family. You can use it as a text messaging application or as a face-to-face video chat app. The app works from your computer, smartphone or tablet and is free to download and use. If you have an email address, you already have access to Google Hangouts!
You can use it to communicate with individuals or groups. Your conversations are kept in the “conversations” section of the app so you can easily find them again later. You can also send photos, videos and links through the app which makes it easy to share information or images with your loved ones.
You can also start a “hangout” which lets you video chat with up to 10 people at a time (which means you don’t have to worry about who is left out of a call!). You can also customize your “hangout” by adding different themes (such as “south park”)
Google Hangouts- Main Features
The main features of Google Hangouts are:
- Video calls – you can make video calls for free to any other computer, smartphone or tablet which has Hangouts installed. You can have up to 10 people in a video call.
- Instant messaging – you can send instant messages with emoji and stickers, share photos and your location and see when people are engaged in the Hangout.
- Phone calls – you can also call regular phone numbers in the US and Canada for free, or buy credit to call anywhere else in the world (this is being discontinued on Android).
- Group conversations – you can chat with groups of friends and name them whatever you want.
- Conference calls – use Hangouts to set up a conference call with up to 15 people.
- Screen sharing – as well as sharing your webcam, you can also share your computer screen during a video call
- ScreenCasting- Screencasting is a great way to record online tutorials and other types of training videos. With Hangouts, you’re able to record your screen along with your face and voice at the same time.
Why Google Hangouts Removed From Google Play Store
Now, Google Hangouts is not available on Google Play Store. The company has removed the app from the market because it wants its users to install Meet and Chat instead. The move is to push its enterprise services to more users.
Google’s chat platform has been around for years. However, the service never managed to garner traction among general consumers. In fact, most people I know still use Messenger for their day-to-day chatting needs. But now that Meet and Chat have taken over from Hangouts, we will see a different story unfold in 2020. Google Hangouts will continue to exist as part of Google’s GSuite package for businesses and enterprise customers. So, if you’re using it for work purposes, there is nothing to worry about.
To be fair, if you’re looking to “hang out” face-to-face with a bunch of people through a video chat app, Hangouts will probably be your best bet. There may be better options out there, but this one wins on ubiquity: having it as a built-in service no doubt gives it the edge. That said, you might not want to use Hangouts to reach out to specific people; the chatroom-style nature means that not everyone will get a response. It also lacks features found in other apps (like being able to edit videos). So ultimately there might be a better alternative for you—just check around and see what best fits your needs.