Are you looking for an Instagram app that doesn’t require a huge data plan? Good news, you’re in the right place! In case you don’t know, the original Instagram is amazing, there’s no denying that. The problem is that it’s incredibly data-intensive and roughly half of smartphone users in the US don’t even have unlimited data plans. This means if any of your family or friends are like me and my boyfriend, we’re always struggling to find Wi-Fi to refresh our feeds. I don’t know about you but we use Instagram for everything from posting our food pics to following our favourite blogs, so it’s really frustrating when it won’t load! If you fall into the same category as we do, then this post is for you. We scoured the internet to find the best Instagram alternative apps and found one that we can’t get enough of. It’s called Instagram Lite and it’s about to become your new favourite way to Instagram.
Instagram Lite for Android
Instagram Lite is a new, lightweight version of Instagram built for speed and simplicity. It’s small in size (under 5MB,) so it can load quickly even on older devices and in areas where internet access is slow or expensive. It’s faster than ever, with the same filters and creative tools as the app you already know and love. To make it easier to share photos and videos both online and offline, Instagram Lite offers a streamlined experience that has all the core features you expect from our flagship app-
Instagram APK- Features
- It’s much faster and smoother than the original version.
- It has ability to post photos and videos to your feed, Stories, Direct messages and IGTV
- Explore tab that makes it easy to discover content from our community of one billion people
- Private messaging that offers a fast way to share photos and videos in Direct.
- It includes filters so you can add a new perspective to your photos.
- The app works perfectly on 2G and 3G networks also.
- The app loads fast and even works when you’re not connected to the internet.
- It has a smaller set of features so it loads more quickly.
- There is an option to backup your photos in original quality, but the app will take up only one third of the space on your phone.
- When you login for the first time, there’s a tutorial that explains how everything works.
- Browsing through posts happens seamlessly, just like on the regular Instagram.
- You can favorite, comment and direct message other users.
- From your profile you can view your notifications, follow or unfollow other Instagrammers, and access your settings.
- You can also submit posts from your profile – it’s as easy as taking a picture or choosing a post from a saved album and then typing out a caption.
- The last thing you do before posting is add hashtags to your post – just type them into the “Add Hashtags” field that appears once you’ve selected a location for your photo.
- You can upload multiple images at once by holding down on the “+” button before dragging over each image you want to upload to your gallery.
Free Install Instagram Lite for Android
Downloading Instagram Lite on your Android smartphone
- Download Instagram Lite APK from here or Google Play Store (if you are located in supported countries).
- Tap on the downloaded file and enable Unknown Sources from Settings > Security if you downloaded the APK from our Website.
- Once installed open your file manager and find out the downloaded file.
- Once installed, log in to your existing Instagram account or create a new one by tapping Sign Up at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now enjoy the lighter version of the photo-sharing platform.
Bottom line, Instagram Lite is well-designed and easy to use. It’s slimmed down and optimized for use on low-end Android hardware, but still packs in all the basic features you would expect from a high-quality photo sharing app like Instagram. With its quick load times, striking visual format, and simple interface, it’s hard to beat.