Samsung Messages for Android
Samsung Messages is a messaging application that comes pre-installed on Samsung devices. It allows users to send and receive SMS and MMS messages from within the app. The Samsung Messages interface is very intuitive and different messages are organized chronologically so that you can search and find any of them easily. Swipe across your screen to easily locate any of your messages and tap to open them up for a quick read.
You can also see all your incoming messages in a single inbox, which makes it easy to view conversations with people you’re talking to at the moment. You can also view recent conversations by tapping “Conversations” at the top of your screen. This will bring up an overview page where you can see all ongoing conversations and who sent each message in each thread.
The Samsung Messages app also has support for MMS file sharing, which means you can attach photos, videos or audio recordings to your text messages without having to switch apps or copy/paste data into another program. You can even share multiple photos at once with recipients who don’t have this feature enabled on their phones yet by sending them as an MMS file attachment instead of sending them individually through photo sharing services like Instagram or WhatsApp.
Samsung Messages- Main Features
The following are the features of Samsung Messages App:
- Block Unwanted Contacts: The app lets you block unwanted contacts from your phonebook. If you get any annoying messages from someone, you can simply block them to stop receiving those messages.
- Delete Bulk Messages: This feature allows you to delete all the messages in bulk at once. You no longer have to delete each message individually. Just tap on the ‘Bulk Delete’ option and it will remove all the messages at once from your phonebook.
- MMS file Sharing: You can share files with others through this app by sending them as MMS attachments instead of just sharing links or images. This feature works very well with large files as it reduces the size of the file while sharing it over MMS.
- Single Inbox: This feature allows you to view all your messages together under one single inbox rather than having separate inboxes for each individual contact like other messaging apps do.
- Quick Reply Functionality: You can quickly reply to messages from within other apps without having to leave them or even open the app itself.
- Create Groups: You can create groups with your friends and share pictures, videos etc., with them by making them members of your group.
Pros and Cons of the Samsung Messages App
The app does have a few drawbacks, however. Here are some pros and cons to consider before making the switch to Samsung Messages for your texting needs.
Easy to use: The interface is simple and easy to maneuver around. You can send pictures, videos, or just text messages from within the app. You can also easily browse through your contacts with a swipe-down feature when you open the app.
Android Wear integration: If you have an Android Wear watch, you can use this app as well as any other messaging apps that support Android Wear such as WhatsApp and Telegram.
No video calling: Video calling is not currently supported in this version of Samsung Messages at this time (though it may be added in the future). If you want to video call someone using this messaging app, we recommend using Whtsapp.
Chatting with friends and family is a part of life that can sometimes use a little extra help. Luckily, there is an app, called Samsung Messages, that can help you do just that. This application comes pre-installed on many Samsung devices, including the Galaxy S8 and S8+, so you are probably already using it. Even if you aren’t a Samsung user, you can still download this application and send text messages from your Android device.