Look around you right now. What do you see? How many devices are being used by the people around you: computers, tablets, phones, smart watches, gaming consoles – it’s always evolving as well as becoming more complicated, too. Access to files – and therefore content we create or otherwise possess – is always important. An efficient file transfer system can literally change our lives and make them much easier. ShareMe is a free file transfer app that lets users transfer files from one device to another with a few simple taps of the screen. This is useful for those who use more than one device for different things.
ShareMe: File sharing for Android
ShareMe for Android is the latest app from Mi to make sharing files with friends, family and colleagues easier. It’s a simple file transfer tool that allows you to share photos, videos, music or any other files with anyone, even if they don’t have the app installed on their device.
What makes ShareMe different from other file sharing apps is that it doesn’t need an internet connection to work. It is a cross platform file sharing app that supports Bluetooth, WiFi and cellular connections to transfer files between devices. If none of your contacts have ShareMe installed on their device, you can send them the link via SMS or email.
The app has been around since 2016 but was rebranded as Mi Drop in 2017 and then again as ShareMe this year. Now that it’s part of Xiaomi’s ecosystem and comes pre-installed on all devices running MIUI 10 (which includes both Android Pie and MIUI 10), we expect more people to start using it regularly.
ShareMe: File sharing- Main Features
The features of this app are as follows:
- Share any file(s) with your friends and family using your phone’s Internet connection, without using any data or mobile data plan.
- Share multiple files at once and save your time with the quick share option.
- Easily preview all the photos and videos before sending them to your friends and family.
- Share any type of file with anyone, anywhere — even if they have an older Android version installed on their device!
- You can also use ShareMe to send files between devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network without requiring an Internet connection (for example, if you want to send a photo from your tablet to another tablet or phone).
- No internet connection needed to send/receive files.
- Supports sending/receiving multiple files at once.
- Supports sending/receiving videos, audios, documents and images.
ShareMe is a convenient and easy to use file sharing app that is definitely worth your time. It doesn’t have the most features out of all the apps out there, but its simplicity might appeal to many users. I would highly recommend ShareMe for anyone who regularly needs to quickly send files between devices, needs to manage resources like photos and videos, or even just anyone whose Android device need an alternative file manager. Overall, if you’re looking for a quick and simple sharing app that provides you with useful information about your downloads then have a look at Share Me APK.