All the iPhone users must be aware that it comes with a suite of many apps by default, which are quite useful. Many of those apps can also be deleted if you find them useless or they are taking up unnecessary space on your device. Now sometimes what happen that we are unable to find certain apps because either they are hidden somewhere or we might have deleted them by mistake.
Now to make sure whether the app that you are searching for is on your device or not, you need to go to the search option. To open the search bar, you need to swipe downward on your home screen and a search bar will appear there. Here you can type the name of the app that you have been searching for to make sure whether it is still there on your device or not. If you search any app and it appears in the results below, this means that the app is still there on your device. If the app is still on your device and you are unable to find that out, it must be hidden inside any folder on your device. You can easily search for that app in the App Library and then add it to the home screen.
Steps to Reinstall Missing or Deleted Built-in iPhone Apps
Now for those who have mistakenly deleted the app from their device, here are the steps through which they can get it back –
- Here, first of all, you will have to open the app store because all the apps that are there on the iPhone, by default, are available on the App Store as well. If you have mistakenly deleted any of those apps, you will be able to easily find that app in the App Store.
- Now in the App Store, type the name of the app that you are searching for in the search bar and then tap search button which is shown on your keypad.
- App Store will show you the list of apps that are related to the one that you are searching for. Here you need to make sure that you pick the right one because there might be a lot of apps that will look similar to the one that you are searching for.
- Once you select the one that you want from the list of the apps, you need to tap on that and it will open up another window. Here you will see an icon to download the app right below its name.
- All the apps that come pre-installed with your iPhone are available at free of cost on the App Store as well. So while downloading the app, you need to make sure that the app is available for free, if not then it is not the original one. Now tap on the download icon and the app will be automatically downloaded and installed on to your device in no time.
You need to follow the same process for all the apps that has been deleted by mistake from your iPhone. Once the app is downloaded, it will appear on the home screen of your iPhone. If it doesn’t appear there, then you need to find it out in the App Library of your phone. There you will be able to see all the apps which are there on your iPhone.